All of our decals come with an application tape applied to them. This is a semi-transparent top layer that enables you to peel the decal from the back paper and apply it to your surface all in one piece. Using application tape helps ensure you can get the positioning of your decal spot on!
Here's our step-by-step guide to applying our decals to your MacBook, iMac, iPhone or iPad:
- Check your surface. It is important that your surface is clean, dry and smooth, otherwise there is a chance the stickers will peel after the initial placement.
- Plan your placement. Get a clear picture of where you want to place each of the stickers, to avoid having to undo any placements you make in the next step.
- Prepare your tool(s). If you have a squeegee then have it ready now. Alternatively you can use a dry cloth.
- Peel the application tape and your decal from the paper backing.
- Starting from the top, begin to apply it to your surface. Use the squeegee or cloth to smooth down the sticker, taking care to remove any air bubbles and avoid any creases. It's important to apply plenty of force.
- Once fully applied, it's a good idea to go around the edges of the decal again, applying plenty of force - it's common to focus on the center of the decal, but if the edges aren't pressed down firmly then that is where they will start to peel.
- Now peel away the application tape, leaving your cool new decal in place.
- If any air bubbles remain after applying the decal don't panic - a handy trick is to prick the bubble with a pin and then smooth it down. This only works for relatively small bubbles so beware - large bubbles could result in a crease when you press them down.